List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] file attributes overwriten on save in windows
From:       Chris Petersen <lists () forevermore ! net>
Date:       2004-01-28 23:56:31

> In winXP, I set a file's attributes to Read-only. I open the file in
> jEdit and can't change the file, which is the behavior I would hope for.

Really?  This has always annoyed me.  I'd *much* rather be able to edit
the file but not save it.  This would let me open up a locked file, make
some changes and then save-as (or make some changes and copy/paste
elsewhere).

But I agree.  If a file is locked, jEdit shouldn't even bother trying to
save the file.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer