List:       jedit-users
Subject:    [ jEdit-users ] Using XSL extensions & Docbook XSL in the XSLT plugin
From:       "Robert McKinnon" <robert.mcKinnon () sknt ! com>
Date:       2003-04-28 20:40:18

Currently the XSLT and XML plugins are using the Apache's Xerces-Java for XML \
parsing, and the XSLT plugin is using Apache's Xalan-Java for XSLT processing.

As such I believe that the XSLT plugin should be able to run the extensions that are \
supported by Xalan-Java. For details see: \
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html

Where did you find out that "for DocBook the only recommended XSLT-processor is \
Saxon, not Xalan". I see Xalan mentioned in this diagram: \
http://docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DocBookXsltPublishingModelDiagram

Currently the XSLT plugin is not designed for you to be able to change the XSLT \
processor to something other than Xalan-Java. At present I have not planned to \
introduce this ability.

Perhaps others on the jedit-users list can respond if they have a need to change the \
XSLT processor. Also does anyone else have experience using the XSLT processor with \
the DocBook XSL?

Regards,
Robert McKinnon