List:       jedit-users
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-users ] Toggle Docking Area
From:       carmine.lucarelli () lombard ! ca
Date:       2003-02-24 17:23:39

Not sure if yours is different, but here's my version:

First invocation collapses all open dockables (full screen sort of thing)

Second invocation re-opens any dockables that were open when
the first invocation took place.

You can grab it here:

http://members.rogers.com/carmine.lucarelli/Full_Screen.bsh

Carmine

> ---------+--------------------------------------->
> > Max <listposter@machsim.com>|
> > Sent by:                    |
> > jedit-users-admin@lists.sour|
> > ceforge.net                 |
> > >

> > 02/24/03 04:52 AM           |
> > >
> ---------+--------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                   \
|  |        To:      "Rudi Widmann" <Rudi.Widmann@web.de>, \
jedit-users@lists.sourceforge.net                                       |  |        \
cc:                                                                                   \
|  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Rudi Widmann wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm quite sure this is already invented, but I couldn't find it in the
> released macro list
> Therefore I invented a set of macros which does if invoked:
> - close the (left/right/up/down) docking area if it is open
> or
> - open the most recent (left/right/up/down) docking area if it is closed
>
> and another macro which closes all docking areas
>
> If somebody is interessted, you find it on
> http://eHome.compuserve.de/rudwid531/jedit.htm : ToggleDocking.zip
>
> The code is really simple, eg:
>
> da = view.getDockableWindowManager().getRightDockingArea();
> entry = da.getCurrent();
> if (entry == null)
> da.showMostRecent();
> else
> da.show(null);
>
> Would it be nice if Slava replaces the build-in actions
> "Go To (left/right/up/down) docking area" with this ?!

I wanted to have this feature in order to increase VC++ style shortcuts,
so that ESC toggles on and off the console ( or error list ).
Things works fine, however when I toggle console on with ESC key , the
focus goes to console thus pushing ESC again doesn't close it. It is
needed to click in to the central area and push ESC key.

Would your macro do toggling on and off even with console ? Due to
macro-shortcut mechanism works the same way, I guess it wouldn't work also.