List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-devel ] Re: Two new plugins
From:       Dirk Moebius <dmoebius () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-05-29 7:15:00

Hi Bay,

> http://www.generationjava.com/java/JEdit.shtml as before.

I tested your plugin. Works fine. Good work!

Btw. the zip file on this page still shows 0.2.1. This is the version I
tested.

> My apologies to any windows users out there. I'd hardcoded a ':' :) So
> things probably weren't working there. This is changed with a 0.2.2
> release. I also added some fairly minor documentation. It's kinda hard to
> document a big red button.

The version I tested still said "TODO..." in its documentation...

> I have some hard-coded '/'s still in there, but this is in the zip/jar
> handling. I probably just want to use some ||'s, but if anyone knows more
> about how zip files handle directory separator chars please let me know.

As far as I know the directory seperator in zip files is always '/'
regardless of the OS.

Btw.: since you're using the JDK 1.2 collections API, please put the
following line into ImportFixer.props:

plugin.ImportFixerPlugin.depend.1=jdk 1.2

Or try making ImportFixer JDK 1.1 compatible.

A minor suggestion: After replacing the text, please try to set the cursor
back to its original position if possible (or jump to location 0).

Thanks,
Dirk.

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net