List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    RE: [ jEdit-devel ] New JDK 1.4 has some probs...
From:       "John Gellene" <jgellene () nyc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-05-26 11:43:51

These new methods affect windows created after the hint parameter is set.
In 3.1final, the startup macro is run after the initial view is created.  In
3.2pre1, the startup macro is run before the initial view is created, so it
should work.  Because of the timing switch, the startup macro is now the one
macro where the usual predefined variables "view", "buffer", "textArea" and
"editPane" do not exist.  There's a trade-off in functionality here, but it
could be made up if the jEdit.newView() method made provision for running a
"newview.bsh" macro in the same way that jEdit.main() runs "startup.bsh".

John