List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-devel ] Redo bug
From:       Slava Pestov <sp () gjt ! org>
Date:       2000-02-26 3:06:32

mike dillon wrote:
> i suppose i agree. i actually think that we should go ahead with 2.3 final
> without fixing the focus. it mostly works and i would not call it a
> show-stopper, just a slight annoyance. we can release a point version when
> either or both of these problems are fixed, and people that really care
> can get it. i doubt that most people will, since 2.3 is quite a bit nicer
> than 2.2.

Right on. I'm not going to worry about redo right now, I spent most of pre6
sorting out caret undo issues and I don't want to dig around that code for
a while yet :-) As for the focus issue, if you solve it in time, I will
include it with 2.3final. It is actually quite annoying, but no more
annoying than 2.2final's weird auto indent behaviour (pressing } in a
mode which doesn't support bracket indent would reindent the current
line anyway).

Slava