List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [jedit:bugs] #3892 jEdit has problems in Yosemite (and/or Java 8)
From:       "Alan Ezust" <ezust () users ! sf ! net>
Date:       2014-10-30 17:17:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/related)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #6 (text/plain)]

Please try jEdit the latest daily build. This seems to be a look & feel issue.
This may be a duplicate of 3864 and 3885.

---

** [bugs:#3892] jEdit has problems in Yosemite (and/or Java 8)**

**Status:** open
**Group:** Regressive (new to devel)
**Labels:** Yosemite Java 8 keyboard / shortcuts instability
**Created:** Thu Oct 30, 2014 01:14 AM UTC by Roman Horváth
**Last Updated:** Thu Oct 30, 2014 01:14 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

I recently installed new MacOS version (Yosemite) and after that the jEdit stopped to \
work. The information in dialog box told me that I should install the legacy version \
of Java 6 (which I refused). First I tried to install newer version instead – Java \
8 (hoping that will help…), but the problem stood… So I tried to download newer \
version of jEdit, but there was only pre-release 5.2pre1 to download that was newer \
than my current version. After installing it the jEdit is working but not fully. \
Controlling jEdit via keyboard makes some strange results. Some shortcuts stopped to \
react, some shortcuts will execute twice and the buffer switcher does not response to \
keyboard controls (maybe the problem touches more elements in the environment, but I \
noticed it just with the buffer switcher). That all together makes my work with jEdit \
much harder. Also the Console plugin (I know there is separate bug report system for \
plugins, but I believe that this is not the problem of the plugin) hangs after \
attempt to open it, which makes jEdit useless for developing for me… I am not sure \
if the problem is in Yosemite, Java 8 or jEdit pre-release (or all in synergy). I can \
only let you know that there is some problem connected to Yosemite and/or Java 8 and \
wait and hope there comes a solution in the near future… I would like to help, but \
I do not know what I should do to tell you more… If you know how to track some more \
information, please let me know. Thank you!

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because jedit-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is subscribed to \
https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/bugs/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at \
https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/admin/bugs/options.  Or, if this is a mailing list, \
you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.