List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-3160310 ] File mode gets lost when
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2011-01-22 21:28:02

Bugs item #3160310, was opened at 2011-01-17 14:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vanza
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=3160310&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: virtual file systems
Group: minor bug

Initial Comment:
Using jedit 4.3.2 on linux, java version "1.6.0_22". When I save a file that is being \
accessed via a symlink, the file's mode gets changed to 777 i.e. the mode of the link \
and not the original file mode.

I am not familiar with the jedit code but FileVFS.java looks like it could be causing \
the problem by using "ls -ld" to obtain a file's permissions. On linux, "ls -lH" \
would dereference the symbolic link but I don't know if -H is acceptable to all \
versions of ls or is it a gnuism?

Cheers,

Mark