List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] jEdit TextArea Licence
From:       "Brad LaFountain" <blafountain () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-18 2:19:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello, I stumbled across jedit's capability to be embedded in a swing
application using TextArea. This product is a perfect fit for what i need.
The only thing is my application is not going to be released as GPL. I was
wondering if there was any consideration to make the jedit-textarea.jar
under a LGPL style license while jedit as a whole under the GPL.

I would need to make some additions to the TextArea that i would love to
contribute back, but with a GPL license I will have to either build my own
or find another (probably purchase, i wasn't able to find another product
equal to jedit that was LGPL).

thanks for your time.