List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-1691638 ] change history file (and
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-31 7:08:58

Bugs item #1691638, was opened at 2007-03-30 23:07
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kpouer
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=1691638&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: normal bug

Initial Comment:
If you supply characters in search/replace that are not covered in your system's \
default encoding (e.g. by pasting into the dialogue from Windows' Character Map \
utility), the next time you start jedit and try to use the search/replace history, \
those characters appear as question marks. This is at least true in my Western \
Windows, where the history file is written using Cp1252. The problem would therefore \
surely apply to anything that's in the history, not just search/replace.

The history should be written and read in some UTF encoding on all systems. I see in \
the release notes for 4.2pre14 that this same change has already been made for the \
abbreviations file, now in UTF8. Maybe it's time to stop and think of all "state" or \
"settings" files written by jedit and determine which ones should get that same \
treatment.