List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Patches-1755992 ] Consistent jEdit icon set
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-31 3:03:00

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ezust
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300588&aid=1755992&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: texteditor
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
I've been working on giving jedit a consistent l&f. Since users have freedom over \
component l&f through swing the only thing jedit needs is to adhere to styling \
guidelines and have a consistent icon set.

jEdit already has an ad-hoc icon set, but alas, not very consistent in dimensions or \
in naming, making it difficult to skin jedit without making changes to the code.

I propose an implementation of the Tango Icon Library as specified on: \
http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library

I will of course supply the necessary patches and have already implemented most of \
the icons. I've taking a few screenshots of my local working copy so you can have a \
taste: http://www.begynd.com/tangofied_jedit/

The current status is that i've gotten very far with the patch. I'm still making \
small modifications to the code, to factor out hardcoded icon names into the \
jedit_gui.prop file, for greater flexibility.

I'm online on IRC as "scarlac". If you have any suggestions or comments, please \
contact me. I'll continue to work on the patch if people want it, but if people \
dislike it, then I'll just stop.

Regards,
Seph M. Soliman
www.mijav.dk