List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-1763708 ] Memory usge constantly
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-30 18:44:08

Bugs item #1763708, was opened at 2007-07-30 11:11
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by veddermatic
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=1763708&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: editor core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Running pre9 on MacBook Pro, OS X 10.4, memory usage was pretty constant at 27k/63k

Switched to pre10 two weeks ago, and it starts off at the same memory utilization, \
but contantly grows until it's past 250k/270k and jEdit is no longer usable. Quitting \
and restarting puts it back to "normal" for a bit (twenty minutes or so) then the \
start increasing again.

On average, I only have four files open, none more than 400 lines, doing basic \
editing / coding tasks. No new plugins or other workflow related changes, just the \
pre9 to pre10.

While typing this post, I have watched memory usage go from 65k/96k to 78k/121k  \
despite not using jEdit, nor having any unsaved buffers.