List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-1587389 ] Keep intendation style on
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-02-27 18:48:19

Bugs item #1587389, was opened at 2006-10-30 19:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by blueyed
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=1587389&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: text area and syntax packages
Group: normal bug

Initial Comment:
A new line that gets created and auto-indented after
pressing ENTER in the previous line (either at the
end or in the middle) should get the same indent
style as the previous line.

E.g. you have setup indent and tab width to "2".
There's a line indented with 3 spaces:
   foo bar
Now, pressing Enter at the end of the line would
indent the next line with a tab and space.
But instead, the new line should be indented also
with 3 spaces.

This keeps indentation consistent across projects and
is in fact critical with Python like languages
(including reStructuredText).

I know that enabling "Soft tabs" solves this issue,
but I want to have it disabled by default.