List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-1594544 ] Menu shortcut keys end up in
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-11-26 22:45:35

Bugs item #1594544, was opened at 2006-11-11 02:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mickhollins
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=1594544&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: keyboard / mouse
Group: severe bug

Initial Comment:
It is best to explain this with an example. Make an
empty document. Then select the File->Save as menu
option with the keyboard, by typing the keys Alt+f and
a. (NOT Alt-a). Then the Save as action is carried out,
AND the letter a is added to the document.

The letter a should not be inserted--it selected the
menu item.

The same is true for other two-letter shortcuts.

Comment By: Mick Hollins (mickhollins)