List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Plugin Bugs-1459562 ] Console runCommandInConsole
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-03-27 19:43:13

Plugin Bugs item #1459562, was opened at 2006-03-27 19:43
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=565475&aid=1459562&group_id=588

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
the waitForConsole command makes problems since a long
time. I always waited for a new version, but the only
one that does the job correct here is version 4.01 of
the console plugin. I tried all newer versions up to 4.2.5,
but the problem is the same.

currently I am using jedit 4.3pre3 with java 1.5.06.

I have written a macro, that runs various external progs.
I call them like:
runCommandInConsole(view, "System", strCmd);
waitForConsole(view);

thats ok, if I do it with one open buffer.
the problem occurs, if you have more (i.e. 20)
open buffers and run this command for all open buffers.
than you can see, that the waitforconsole does not work,
and the macro / jedit hangs.

as I said, using console v4.01 works.
jedit 4.2x or 4.3x makes no difference.
java versions 1.5.x makes no difference.

if you need more input, no problem.

greetings, aksels