List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-1034269 ] Mac OS X integration in 4.2final
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-09-30 11:49:19

Bugs item #1034269, was opened at 2004-09-24 20:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vgoebbels
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=1034269&group_id=588

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The jEdit.app Mac OS X application stub in the 4.2final release
doesn't work with Java 1.4.2 Update 2 (or the previous versions).
The MacOsPlugin complains that it can't find classes that I have
confirmed do exist in the classpath. The JavaInsight plugin shows
that the classes are present in the classpath, although they cannot
be found when the MacOsPlugin is started.

The following command:

$ java -cp /System/Library/Java:/System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Classes/ui.jar:/
Applications/Editors/jEdit\ 4.2/jedit.jar org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit
-noserver &

... yeilds the following output:

[error] EditPlugin$JAR: Error while starting plugin
macos.MacOSPlugin
[error] EditPlugin$JAR: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.apple.eawt.Application.addApplicationListener(Lcom/apple/
eawt/ApplicationListener;)V
[error] EditPlugin$JAR:  at macos.MacOSPlugin.start(Unknown
Source)
[error] EditPlugin$JAR:  at
org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.startPlugin(PluginJAR.java:1134)
[error] EditPlugin$JAR:  at
org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePlugin(PluginJAR.java:473)
[error] EditPlugin$JAR:  at
org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePluginIfNecessary(PluginJAR.java
:536)
[error] EditPlugin$JAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:
439)

... even though the Application class and therefore the
addApplicationListener() method (as per Apple's documentation)
do exist in the classpath.

I've been trying to fix this problem for a while but I can't make
any more progress with it.

Thanks,

Simon

Comment By: Dr. Volker Goebbels (vgoebbels)