List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-821845 ] Blocks of text disappear (syntax hilighting problem?)
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-09-19 10:56:24

Bugs item #821845, was opened at 2003-10-11 19:30
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by aleaur
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=821845&group_id=588

Category: text area and syntax packages
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have had a problem for some time now with large blocks
of text disappearing while I am editing. It is intermittent, not
happening very often.

Usually a line of text will be blank until a place where the
code has a break in it. For example take the lines:

DummyThread dummyThread = new DummyThread();
dummyThread.start();

when the error occurs, the screen might be painted like this:

                         = new DummyThread();
             start();

This can happen over large areas, or to one line, all
intermittently. Sometimes a reload helps, other times not.
Scrolling the screen sometimes helps but usually not.

I am using Mandrake linux 9.1 with Suns J2SDK 1.4.2 and
JEdit 4.2preX.  This has happened for the past several
weeks over several pre versions.

I have a couple of screen shots which show the a section of
code correctly, and then when the error is occuring, I'll send
along the screen shot of the error so you can see it in action.

This screenshot also shows a couple of blocks (in some
remarks) that did manage to get redrawn partially, but this
is a rare occurance, usually the redraw doesn't happen.

Comment By: A. Bernard (aleaur)