List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-devel ] search macro problems
From:       "Patrick Wright" <jedit_devel () pdoubleya ! com>
Date:       2004-07-22 0:47:52

I second that, perhaps this could be refactored as part of 4.3? I came
across this recently because I wanted to use the search functionality as
part of a plugin I am working on...and found that the logic for stepping
through files was in the GUI code...

There should probably be a discussion on what this should include, because
that search plugin (XSearch?) includes some features I think should be in
the standard, like skipping comments...

Slava, if you think this might go into 4.3, I'd be glad to work with you
and others on the refactoring when the time comes.

Patrick

> Rather the code needs to be refactored so that it can perform a search
using a specified set of parameters -- as opposed to the global set of
parameters, which should be used by the GUI only.

> Gerd Knops wrote:
>> Slava, SearchAndReplace should really have something along save/restore
or push/pop to save it's settings. A number of plugins (like
>> CodeBrowser) have to perform those contortions, and have to make some
assumptions about SearchAndReplace.