List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-641279 ] Complete Word popup list ignores keyboar
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-02-28 17:27:46

Bugs item #641279, was opened at 2002-11-20 10:41
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=641279&group_id=588

Category: editor core
Group: normal bug

Initial Comment:
When the Complete Word feature pops up a list of
possible completions, you must dismiss this list with
the mouse.  You should be able to use the arrow keys to
highlight entries and ENTER to insert one and dismiss
the popup. ESC should dismiss the popup without
inserting text.  This bug severely reduces the
usefulness of Complete Word.  You should also be able
to continue typing and narrow the list down. As an
additional suggestion, I would suggest that Complete
Word work more like Mac OS X's Project Builder when
there is more than 1 possible completion - cycle
through them with each additional hit of the keyboard
command (C-b). Project Builder does this without a
popup, but keeping the popup would be OK as well.

JEdit 4.1 pre2
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.1-b21)
Debian GNU/Linux 2.4.19 kernel

Comment By: Peter Lyons (plyons)