List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-631802 ] Recurrence of Drag&Drop/Dialog Problem
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2002-10-31 23:11:41

Bugs item #631802, was opened at 2002-10-31 23:11
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=631802&group_id=588

Category: editor core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The Drag & Drop/Dialog problem I originally reported in
bug 583893 seems to have reared it's ugly head again -
Carmine had fixed this in a DragAndDrop.jar I pulled
down from him, and I thought it was fixed in subsequent
4.1pre* versions, but it appears to be back in, at
least as of version pre5 (on Windows XP, JDK 1.4).

The aformentioned bug summarizes the problem, but as a
quick recap: if you drag a file from windows explorer
into jEdit, and something causes a dialog to pop up
(for example, the currently displayed file has been
modified), jEdit locks up, and the only option is to
force quit and restart it.

As a related issue, jEdit will sometimes pop up dialogs
behind other windows, and when you actually view the
dialogs, they never redraw and you can't actually
select any of the buttons (effectively locking jEdit
and forcing you to kill it).

The two issues above combine for a fairly unpleasant
behavior.  The former locks jEdit, forcing you to kill
it.  When it starts up, if you had unmodified files,
they pop up behind other windows, so you can't respond
to them, forcing you to kill jEdit again.  So
essentially if you kill jEdit with modified files, the
only solution is to minimize everything, then wait for
jEdit to restart, respond to the dialogs, then go back
to what you were doing.

Thanks...

--Derek

Process(SM) (JCP(SM)) program now.