List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] IRC plugin 1.2
From:       "Maik Schreiber" <bZ () iq-computing ! de>
Date:       2001-09-30 22:56:01

Hi, just letting you know of the release of version 1.2 of the IRC
plugin.

Find it at  http://www.iq-computing.de/IRCPlugin.jar
(I still have to do a nice web site for it...)

I find this release to be extremely stable and quite complete. Please
note that the IRC plugin is not intended to be a full-featured IRC
client, though.
So anyway, do you have any comments about it being added to Plugin
Central?

Any comments about the plugin itself are also more than welcome!

Version history for 1.2:

1.2, 01-10-2001:
- implemented /NAMES command
- settings will be read everytime the /CONNECT command is invoked, so
you can switch servers within your current jEdit session
- the IRC plugin will no longer block jEdit when trying to connect to a
server
- added a few more status messages
- added menu item in "Plugins" menu
- added display of MODE and TOPIC commands from the server
- FIX: display of "Channel topic was set by ..." didn't show correct
nickname
- FIX: disconnection (when exiting jEdit, for example) could cause the
IRC plugin to throw a NullPointerException when it was unable to connect
to a server when trying the last time

--
</Mickey>