List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    Re: [ jEdit-devel ] Edit modes
From:       Slava Pestov <slava () jedit ! org>
Date:       2001-09-29 9:13:50

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 11:43:11PM -0700, chimera wrote:
> First, a "match start of word" option for MARK_FOLLOWING. I'm trying to
> highlight words that start with u, v, ..., z (which are variables in Otter),
> but if I try <MARK_FOLLOWING TYPE="LITERAL2">u</MARK_FOLLOWING> it ends up
> highlighting the tail portion of anything that contains u, even in the
> middle of the word.

There are a lot of improvements that need to be done to the syntax
highlighting engine. I will implement them in a future release,
unless someone sends a patch first.

> Second, an "unindentPrevLine" similar to "indentPrevLine" would really be
> useful, so that if the previous line matches a regular expression, that
> previous line and the current line are both unindented. I would imagine this
> to be useful for other languages such as when you have if-endif constructs.

Auto indent will be greatly improved in jEdit 4.0.

> As an aside, could someone tell me if there is a "go to matching tag"
> function for HTML/XML files? I've seen a "find matching tag" function (I
> think in the HTML plugin), but that just highlights the tag without moving
> the cursor. What about a "collapse all folds" macro? I know one can set up
> file types to open with all folds collapsed, but in the middle of
> editing...?

The "Go to Matching Tag" bug will be fixed in the next version of the
XML plugin. As for a 'collapse all folds' command, try pressing
C+e ENTER 1. (This is the same as invoking View->Folding->Expand Folds
With Level and pressing 1).

Slava