List:       jedit-devel
Subject:    [ jEdit-devel ] [ jedit-Bugs-462269 ] Cant launch FTP from command line >V3.0
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-09-26 19:43:14

Bugs item #462269, was opened at 2001-09-17 09:24
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100588&aid=462269&group_id=588

Category: plugins
Group: normal bug

Initial Comment:
Any version Post 3.0final, I can not use the following command:
jedit ftp://user@host/.../.../...

I run a daemon on my machine to facilitate a unix command 'rjedit' which allows me to \
ftp back to  the host and edit a file, while still keeping a quick initiation on the \
host (like vi 'file', real quick,  beats the &*^&*^ out of any gui browser built).

So, the daemon recieves a request from the Unix host and simply executes:
jedit ftp://user@host/dir/dir/file

So, I'm stuck using Version 3.0 (although 3.2.2 adds a lot of nice new stuff!!!).
(I did do a fresh download of FTP plugin as well with the new Jedit , and I don't \
remember doing  anything special to get this to work with 3.0).

Thanx
Eric Aksomitis
eric.aksomitis@sasktel.sk.ca

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)