List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Using non-EJB classes with
From:       orange80 <do-not-reply () jboss ! com>
Date:       2009-04-30 20:51:14

Hey guys,

I am starting to fool around with JBoss AS 5, and have a (probably) silly question.  \
I would like starting experimenting with JTS, JNDI, and JMS, using a simple app that \
just uses ordinary Java sockets or Apache HttpClient rather than servlet \
communication.  So my questions are

1. Will JBoss AS allow me to open up sockets within a class or does this violate a \
security restriction or something else like that?

2. Does JBoss AS only work with EJBs or can I use regular Java classes that tie into \
the App Server's services such as JTS, JNDI, etc.

Thanks,
Jamie

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227911#4227911