List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam's Manager class bug?
From:       "app4you () yahoo ! com" <do-not-reply () jboss ! com>
Date:       2006-12-31 2:22:53

Hello,

I'm using Seam 1.1GA and have observed a bug in the Manager class when its redirect \
method tries to redirect a long running conversation bookmarked URL or by selecting \
from the browser's URL location dropdown.  Here is the scenario using this URL for \
sample:

http://localhost:8080/my-seam-app/editCustomer.jsf?cid=7&clr=true

The application uses Servlet filter to enforce user to come to a common login page. \
if there is no active session.  Please note that this servlet filter does not \
interact with Seam in anyway.  When the response.redirect set the login URL, \
successfully called the FilterChain.doFilter, then suddenly the \
org.jboss.seam.core.manager instance captured the above URL then called its redirect \
that caused the IllegalStateException because the context.getApplication() is null.  \
Please note that it only occurs for the long running conversation.  If I set the \
following property to blank in the components.xml, everything works as expected.

I also use the noConversationViewId in the component.xml too but won't be executed \
because the JSF phaseId is different in this case.

Also look at this threat for more info => \
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98098

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a bug?  Any workaround for this?

Appreciates,

John

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997019#3997019