List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [JBoss Seam] - possible to call outside of web app?
From:       knaas <do-not-reply () jboss ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 20:45:36

Is it possible (or will it eventually be possible) to invoke seam javabeans outside \
the scope of a web application?

I am thinking through the implementation of a progress bar where the progress is \
updated by a service.  Currently it throws an IllegalStateException at

  | 6:43:14,096 INFO  [STDOUT] 2006-05-31 16:43:14,096 ERROR [pool-5-thread-1] \
impl.Log4JLogger - Error running performSplit method  | \
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to invoke a Seam component outside the \
context of a web application  | 	at \
org.jboss.seam.contexts.Lifecycle.beginCall(Lifecycle.java:59)  | 	at \
org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SeamInterceptor.java:52)  | 	at \
org.jboss.seam.interceptors.JavaBeanInterceptor.interceptInvocation(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:51)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.JavaBeanInterceptor.intercept(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:39)

Why does it need to intercept the call if the caller has a direct reference to the \
JavaBean object?  I assume its because the JavaBean needs to be pushed back into the \
Session somehow.

I should probably be using a Stateful session bean to accomplish this instead, or \
simulate the same thing posting JMS messages directly to the javascript client.

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3948203#3948203

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3948203