List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB 3.0 Session bean lookup from JSP fails
From:       jdevqa <do-not-reply () jboss ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 23:50:37

I am trying to lookup a session bean based from my JSP and in my web.xml, I write the \
following piece of ejb-ref lookup in the web.xml:

    <ejb-local-ref>
        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/local/SessionEJB</ejb-ref-name>
        <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
           project1.SessionEJBLocal
        <ejb-link>SessionEJB</ejb-link>
    </ejb-local-ref>

When I deploy my EAR file to JBoss, I get the followuing exception:
15:48:13,218 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: \
file:/C:/AppServers/jboss-4.0.4RC1a/server/default/deploy/ ear
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Failed to parse WEB-INF/web.xml; - nested \
                throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.Deployme
eption: expected one local-home tag)
        at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.parseMetaData(AbstractWebContainer.java:752)

Since EJB 3.0 has no local-home interface, how can i get around this?

Thanks
Prasanth

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3926958#3926958