List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Custom Password encryption on authentication
From:       askmahesh <do-not-reply () jboss ! com>
Date:       2006-01-31 20:02:37

This has been discussed different topics but i did not find the answer iwas looking \
for. So i am posting it as a new topic.

I have a Webapp where the password entered by the User for login is encrypted (custom \
encryption) and stored in the db Currently there is no decrypt for the password.
So, during authentication i would have to encrypt the password entered by the user on \
the Login form and compare it with the encrypted password stored in db.

How can i acheive this ?

We had our application deployed under tomcat earlier and in tomcat there is a way \
where you can specify the Enrcyption class and the encyrption method.

Is there a similar way in JBoss ? I have seen people using the custom \
DatabaseLoginModule, but i don' think i can acheive what i want with that ..

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks
Mahesh

View the original post : \