List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [JBossWS] - Problems with type unsignedLong OUT & INOUT in WSDL
From:       "anders.hedstrom" <nukes () jboss ! org>
Date:       2005-03-31 16:27:15

Hi,

I have a WSDL that defines a webservice with a couple of parameters. One parameter is \
an OUT parameter and another one is an INOUT parameter. Both these parameters are of \
the type xsd:unsignedLong.

I use wscompile, version (1.1.1, build R5) from jwsdp-1.4 to generate the SI, SEI and \
the mapping file. The mapping file maps these two parameters to java.math.BigInteger. \
xmlns:wsdlMsgNS="http://soapinterop.org/">wsdlMsgNS:storedProcedureRequest</wsdl-message>

xmlns:wsdlMsgNS="http://soapinterop.org/">wsdlMsgNS:storedProcedureResponse</wsdl-message>
  |     <wsdl-message-part-name>ReturnCode</wsdl-message-part-name>
  |     <parameter-mode>OUT</parameter-mode>
  |   </wsdl-message-mapping>
  | </method-param-parts-mapping>
The parameters has the type javax.xml.rpc.holders.BigIntegerHolder in the SEI.

  | public void storedProcedure(..., javax.xml.rpc.holders.BigIntegerHolder \
recordNumber,.., javax.xml.rpc.holders.BigIntegerHolder returnCode, ...) throws   |   \
java.rmi.RemoteException;

I deploy my SLSB that consumes this webservice on JBoss 4.0.1 and try to perform the \
call to the webservice, and I get the following exception; ERROR [JavaUtils] Cannot \
set holder value '262' on javax.xml.rpc.holders.BigIntegerHolder

If I by hand change my mapping file to use org.apache.axis.types.UnsignedLong instead \
of java.math.BigInteger and I also change my SEI to use \
org.apache.axis.holders.UnsignedLongHolder instead of \
javax.xml.rpc.holders.BigIntegerHolder it all works like a charm?! (This is how the \
SEI looks if you create it with axis tool WSDL2Java)

How come? Everywhere I look I see that JBoss recommends the use of wscompile to \
generate the needed files. Is it not possible to map an unsignedLong OUT & INOUT \
parameter against BigIntegerHolder?

I have tried this with wscompile version (1.1.2_01, build R40) from jwsdp-1.5 as \
well, but the mapping file and SEI created are identical to the ones created with \
wscompile version (1.1.1, build R5).

//Anders =)

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872213#3872213