List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - JBoss 3.2.3 / Oracle 8.1.7.4 / JDBC/ blank username and pass
From:       danhobbs75 <nukes () jboss ! org>
Date:       2005-02-28 14:41:51

Hello there.

Relative newbie to JBoss desperately seeking advice...!

We have a client with a Windows NT 4 client running JBoss 3.2.3 (JDK 1.3.1)

The target DB is Oracle 8.1.7.4 running on Linux.

I have an EJB which uses JDBC to connect to the database. The EJB works with no \
problems (on my PC here) connecting to MSSQL2000 (with config in mssql-ds.xml).

On the client's JBoss deployment, I have put in an oracle-ds.xml with the relevant \
connection-url, user-name and password set.

The EJB initiates a JDBC connection but the Oracle server returns an invalid \
username/password error, because the username and password are coming through blank \
(I am told this by their Oracle admin).

I have used classes12.zip (also tried renaming to .jar) which is in the \
server/default/deploy/lib folder. I also tried using ojdbc14.jar with JDK 1.4.2 and I \
received the same error.

Any advice or pointers greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

P.S. I am at liberty to use a different version of JBoss, but I am told there are \
compatibility issues with Oracle JDBC drivers and Oracle 8i - which I can't ask them \
to change! :-)

P.P.S. I have a very nerve-wracking trip to the Netherlands tomorrow to do this so if \
anyone has any ideas for me to pursue please don't hold back! :-)

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868219#3868219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3868219