List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Distributed queue
From:       moonrainbow <nukes () jboss ! org>
Date:       2004-12-31 22:39:36

I've studied docs, wiki and this forum but I could not find the definitive answer to \
my question, so I decided to ask it straight: I want to implement a system with a lot \
of messages going into it. A lot means 10**7-10**8 per day. These are very short (up \
to 2-3K) messages. Obviously, we want to have a persistant queue. Obviously, any \
single server doing the actual "store" operation into a DB is going to be \
overwhelmed. We can not split the flow into a meaningful number of separate queues. \
I.e. we can have 10 different queues, but not a hundred of them and we don't want to \
run an instance of JBoss per queue bcs of maintenance and deployment problems \
associated with such solution. I want to have 10 servers, each of them being able to \
receive "sends" from all the producers, store messages into a single db and dispatch \
messages on round-robin or any other load-balanced basis to the consumers. Is this \
possible with Jboss? Which version? How?

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860324#3860324

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3860324