List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: AXIS+JBOSS.....NET?
From:       genman <nukes () jboss ! org>
Date:       2004-12-31 4:55:51

I agree that pretty much every example out there is full of bullshit.

If you're creating a web service, here are the steps I use:

1.  Create a Java class to handle the requests.  It should have a no-arg constructor. \
Each public method becomes a web service method.

2.  Create a deploy.wsdd document:
  | <deployment
  |     xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
  | xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
  |
  |   <service name="ManagementWS" provider="java:RPC">
  |       <parameter name="className" value="com.nm.SqlManager"/>
  |       <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>
  |       <!-- Uses and synchronizes on one instance -->
  |       <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
  |   </service>
                                                                                      \

3. Generate a server-config.wsdd using the Admin tool using ant:
    <java classname="org.apache.axis.utils.Admin" fork="true" dir="conf">
  |       <classpath refid="axis.class.path"/>
  |       <classpath refid="jboss.class.path"/>
  |       <classpath refid="package.class.path"/>
  |       <arg value="server"/>
  |       <arg value="deploy.wsdd"/>
  |     </java>

4.  Add AxisServlet to your web.xml

  | <web-app>
  |   <servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  |     <display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet</display-name>
  |     <servlet-class>
  |         org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet
  |     </servlet-class>
  |   </servlet>
  |   <servlet-mapping>
  |     <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  |     <url-pattern>/servlet/AxisServlet</url-pattern>
  |   </servlet-mapping>                                                              \
  |   <servlet-mapping>
  |     <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  |     <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
  |   </servlet-mapping>
  | </web-app>

5.  Copy server-config.wsdd to the WEB-INF directory of your .war file.

6.  Copy jboss-net.sar to your server/default/deploy directory if you're using the \
default install.  (This will add axis .jar files to your classpath.)

Through your web browser, you should be able to see the AxisServlet.  It'll print out \
that your service is installed.  You're just halfway there.  Then you simply write a \
client, which is a bit easier...

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860271#3860271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3860271