List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - TopLink (9.0.4-10.1.3) and JBoss (3.2.3-4.0.0) JTS XA integr
From:       natebowler <nukes () jboss ! org>
Date:       2004-10-30 0:48:50

I've made several posts on different threads, but none seem to get any attention. \
I've scoured the docs, hit TopLink groups, and personally emailed posters from many \
of the dead-end threads on these forums. I'm getting nowhere.

The fact is, TopLink and JBoss JTS integration does not work.  The problem is this.

TopLink has custom handlers for the two-phase commit protocol. In the \
beforeCompletion() event, it issues the SQL against the database.

In the afterCompletion() event, it closes the connection, returns it to the pool, and \
merges the changes with the cache.

The problem is, in the afterCompletion() event, JBoss throws this exception when \
TopLink attempts to close the connection:

ERROR [ThreadPoolWorker[1]]: Error while closing connection handle!
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Error in delist!; - nested throwable: \
(java.lang.IllegalStateException: Alrea dy committed. \
                TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=kungfu/11, \
                BranchQual=, localId=11])
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.rethrowAsResourceException(BaseConnectionManager2

.java:102)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener.delist(TxConnectionManager

.java:487)
        at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener.connectionClosed(TxConnect
 ionManager.java:521)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnection.closeHandle(BaseWrapperManagedConnection.java:30
 0)
        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection.close(WrappedConnection.java:116)

I've tried numerous workarounds: closing the connection in beforeCompletion() \
(results in an even worse error) and not closing the connection (results in errors \
obtaining new connections).

I've also looked at the JBoss source code and made changes in hopes that I could fix \
this and post it to the group. None of these has worked.

Can someone from the JBoss team comment on this? Is this even an important issue for \
the JBoss platform? Is there any knowledge of this working successfully anywhere?

If anyone has gotten this to work (POJO TopLink/SessionBean/JTS), please let me know.

Nate

View the original post : \
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3853362#3853362

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3853362