List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] what means cluster of ejb? stateless/stateful session beans,
From:       Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar () ptinovacao ! pt>
Date:       2003-11-26 15:50:33

Greetings,

What means the cluster of ejb? Its behavior must differs for each type
of bean, right?

I put below a few more questions about the clustering of ejb:

- If I put EJBs in the farm, they will be deployed in an jboss
instances. Without any jboss cluster descriptors in them, the farm only
will deploy the EJB on each boss instance but there isn't any particular
behavior about clustering on the EJBs?

- Makes sense to put stateless EJBs in clustering? Is there any
particular behavior on JBOSS or other to optimize their performance in
cluster?

- Stateful session beans should always be clustered for fail-over. This
means they are replicated on each jboss instance. The entity beans may
also be clustered. What does it means? All the information is in the
database... what improvements does it mean?

- If I have 3 jboss instances in cluster, could I put only a ejb in
cluster on only 2 jboss instances (deploying individually in the deploy
with the clustering descriptors)? This means I could distribute the EJBs
(even in cluster) for my specific jboss instances...

I think these ones if answered should help me a lot.
thanks.

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--