List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] HTTPS / RMI
From:       "Sebastian Hauer" <sebastian.hauer () sknt ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 0:15:23

Hi Jeremy,

We are running all our EJB and JNDI RMI calls tunneled over HTTP/s.  In
the beginning we had the same problems, but it all came down to the fact
that we had it not properly setup.  Monitor your clients port usage of
the java process, if on unix use the suggested netstat command (or some
variation of it, actually you should check for outgoing connections), if
on windows try "Active Ports" http://www.tucows.com/preview/213738.html
.  On the server side you might have mbean services started that are
listening to all kinds of ports.

BTW: Is your application using JMS?

If you want to see the invocations crank up your logging.  I guess this
should do:

  <category name="org.jboss.invocation">
    <priority value="TRACE" class="org.jboss.logging.XLevel"/>
  </category>

Make sure you have no threshold on the appender so you see the TRACE
level output.  If you see some messages about JRMP you are probably not
using the HTTP invoker :)

Regards,
Sebastian

This message is for the named recipient's use only.  It may contain sensitive and \
private proprietary information.  No confidentiality is waived or lost by any \
incorrect transmission.  If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately \
delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and \
notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, \
print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.  \
Sakonnet Technology, LLC and its subsidiaries reserve the right to monitor all e-mail \
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those \
of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is \
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.  Unless otherwise \
stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only, is subject \
to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any reference \
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and \
subject to our formal written confirmation.