List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] jboss-web.xml and Struts
From:       Matthew Hixson <hixson () poindextrose ! org>
Date:       2003-08-31 21:02:37

I was wondering if anyone out there who is using Struts with Tomcat
embedded in JBoss could send me their jboss-web.xml.  I think I need to
specify something with the following tags:

  <context-root></context-root>
  <docBase>/</docBase>

But I'm not sure what that needs to be.  I've already tried making
docBase /jsp.

My webapp is structured like so:

/WEB-INF/
/jsp/

(ie. my jsp directory is not within my WEB-INF dir)

and my .jsp files are in the jsp directory.

In struts-config.xml I have entries like this:

<action path="/foo/listAllPartners"
             type="com.company.foo.actions.ListPartnersAction">
<forward name="listPartners" path="/foo/listPartners.jsp"/>
</action>

I see that my ListPartnersAction class runs and retrieves records from
the database, but it is unable to find the .jsp needed to render the
page so Tomcat gives me a 404 saying:

The requested resource (/foo/listPartners.jsp) is not available.

Does anyone know what I need to do in order for struts to get my .jsp
files from the right directory?
   Thanks,
     -M@