List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] JVM options for hardhit jboss-tomcat deployment
From:       "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ETarun () blr ! cognizant ! com>
Date:       2003-08-30 11:28:12

Hi Sheldon,

I am in the same predicament as you are. I need to prepare our app for a 1000 \
concurrent user stress test. I didn't bother with -Xss. I set -Xms to 256MB and -Xmx \
to 1024MB. (We have 2 Gig RAM.)

I also increased the maxProcessors setting in \
JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml to \
1500 (the recommended is twice the actual expected load, but 2000 sounded too much to \
me) and the minProcessors to 100. I have compiled our application with debug off and \
optimize on. I am planning to compile jboss with the same settings too.

Hope that helps,
Tarun