List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] How to depend the farming service...
From:       Jos Visser <josv () osp ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-30 12:32:48

Hi all,

I am researching the JBoss clustering features for use in a production
environment. As a long time consultant and teacher in the field of
Unix-HA clusters (HP MC/ServiceGuard, Sun Cluster 2&3, LifeKeeper,
Veritas Cluster Server) I must say that I am really impressed so far!

I am using the farming features to deploy a set of components cluster
wide. These include an EJB JAR, a MySQL datasource and a webapp WAR.

However, when I start one of the cluster instances it looks like the
farming service is deployed too quickly since my bean deployment goes
awry with errors like:

14:14:31,786 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service \
jboss.j2ee:jndiName=ejb/upid/BuildInfo,service=EJB java.lang.RuntimeException: \
invoker is null: jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp

and others...

If I remove the farm-service.xml from the deploy directory of the JBoss
instance, start it and then copy the farm-service.xml to the deploy/ dir
everything goes allright.

I already have been playing around with MBean dependencies to ensure
that the farming service starts later than stuff that the things to be
deployed depend upon, but I do not seem to be able to get the
dependencies right...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

++Jos.es

--
I hate it when cows are higher than me...
  "Armijn Hemel"