List:       jboss-user
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-user] Exposing timestamp-column field for Optimistic lock
From:       Alex Loubyansky <loubyansky () ua ! fm>
Date:       2003-03-31 18:17:18

Using optimistic locking with timestamp_column_strategy means an
entity will be added a timestamp column that will be used for
optimistic locking. It can't be accessed by application. (Indeed, it
should be possible to mention it in a QL statement)

If you want a CMP timestamp field to be used in optimistic locking,
then you should have timestamp CMP field and use read- or
modified-strategy and update timestamp value yourself or let the db update it.

alex

SM> Hi,

SM>     I am currently testing Optimistic locking with the Timestamp Strategy.  My \
findings are that the timestamp column cannot be a CMP field otherwise the insert SQL \
will include it 2 times.