List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] MS SQL drivers
From:       "Jeremy Boynes" <jboynes () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-03-31 22:01:34

Un-abashed plug for the inet drivers. I have used them in several
configurations and found them to be feature-rich, to perform well, and best
of all be stable. Inet-software have been responsive to the few issues
found, typically issuing a patch within 24 hours. Given the price of an
Enterprise license (about $2500 including support IIRC), I would recommend
them again just for the support. They also offer the ability to redistribute
if that applies to you.

I have used the MS driver a couple of times for testing but never in
production. I had bad experiences during the beta period and that soured me
towards the final version. It is also not as feature complete (e.g. limited
LOB support, no statement caching, ...) as the inet driver, and does not
offer a redistribution option (other than download on install).

I have not used jTds but would consider it for simple applications,
especially if redistributing. It does not appear as feature-complete as
either of the above.

And finally, the disclaimer: this is personal experience and should not be
taken as an endorsement by JBoss Group. I also have no relationship to
inet-softare other than being a happy customer.

Jeremy