List:       jboss-user
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-user] Right place for jboss-app.xml
From:       Bernd Koecke <bk () schlund ! de>
Date:       2003-03-31 9:12:26

I looked a little bit into the code and i saw, that by reading the jboss-app.xml
all data except the 'display-name' is set to an empty string. The
application.xml will be read first and the same function imports the data from
jboss-app.xml. But the elements from application.xml aren't allowed in
jboss-app.xml. Only the 'display-name' is saved by the use of the
'jbossSpecific' boolean flag.

I looked into the code of jboss-3.2 Branch_3_2 from cvs from last Friday. The
classes are 'org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer' and
'org.jboss.deployment.J2eeApplicationMetaData'. I haven't found the data of the
application.xml in the jmx-concole and only the descriptive elements like
'small-icon' etc. are reset. It is only triggered, if the jboss-app.xml is at
the same place as the application.xml. That's why i asked the first question.

If its a bug, it is only a very small one, but i think you should know :). I
think it is in no way a showstopper for the 3.2 release. Should I make a bugreport?

Thanks

Bernd

David Jencks wrote:
> yes
>
> david jencks
>
> On 2003.03.27 10:43 Bernd Koecke wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>is the right place for a jboss-app.xml file in the META-INF directory of
>>an
>>ear-file, next to application.xml?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Bernd