List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] CMP column indexing
From:       Kevin Conner <Kevin.Conner () orchard-systems ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-28 16:42:17

> when you say a patch - is the spec meant to allow this?
> I couldn't find it. Or is it a jboss specific extension?

It is jboss specific, the spec doesn't mandate this as it is
a performance optimisation specific to CMP mechanism.

I had though about adding automatic index creation into the CMP
engine but haven't had the time so far, I may get around to doing
this at some point.

> Also, if anyone else knows about whether or not the
> later versions have this as a working feature I'd much
> appreciate it.

It would save me some work :-)

	Kev

Kevin Conner
This is a personal e-mail. Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Orchard Information Systems Ltd.