List:       jboss-user
Subject:    RE: [JBoss-user] Jboss.net via https?
From:       "John Fawcett" <jfawcett () tamalesoftware ! com>
Date:       2003-02-27 16:33:01

Neal,

Thanks, this worked well. Now I can browse to the ?wsdl uri in IE.

Jetty was a breeze to configure. I am using jdk1.4.1, so to establish
the keystore entry for jetty, I issued:
keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -storepass password -keypass password

And changed jbossweb.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml to include the
snippet:
  <!-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-->
  <!-- Add a HTTPS SSL listener on port 8843
-->
  <!-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-->
       <Call name="addListener">
         <Arg>
           <New class="org.mortbay.http.SunJsseListener">
            <Set name="Port">8443</Set>
            <Set name="MinThreads">5</Set>
            <Set name="MaxThreads">100</Set>
            <Set name="MaxIdleTimeMs">30000</Set>
            <Set name="LowResourcePersistTimeMs">2000</Set>
            <!--Set name="Keystore"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home"
default="."/>/etc/demokeystore</Set-->
            <Set name="Password">password</Set>
            <Set name="KeyPassword">password</Set>
           </New>
         </Arg>
       </Call>

Ultimately, I am consuming these webservices in a C# client. For HTTP,
I've been using wsdl.exe to generate the classes from the jboss.net
generated wsdl files. However, for https, wsdl.exe fails, citing the
error: "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
relationship with remote server."

On the first request IE, and the integrated webservice finder do-dad in
.Net studio, ask the user to verify the cert from the server. I suppose
the problem is wsdl.exe doesn't know how to accept a cert?

Thanks for the help,
fawce