List:       jboss-user
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-user] automatic login in JBoss app?
From:       "Ken Yee" <kenkyee () excite ! com>
Date:       2003-02-27 15:13:57

Rod Macpherson <maildump@pacbell.net> wrote:
> The cookies will be in the request header so if you have access to the
> request in the custom login then a call to getCookies otta work fine.

That's just it, I don't have access to the cookies in the custom
login module.  Ideally, the HTTP request object should be tucked away
in one of the Subject properties so it can be accessed from within
the custom login module, but it's not.

I'll dig into ITracker and post what I find.  Since it looks
like it is cross-platform (not just JBoss), I suspect they use some
sort of "stick username into session" hack instead of using container
based authentication...

 ken