List:       jboss-user
Subject:    [JBoss-user] HELP:  EJB Deployment order
From:       Daniel CAUNE <daniel.caune () in-fusio ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 15:24:43

Hi,

I use JBoss 3.0.2. I deploy each of my EJBs in a JAR file. Some of my
EJBs reference some others.

I encounter problem during deployment while JBoss tries to load the JAR
of an EJB that references another EJB not yet loaded : "WARN
[ServiceController] Problem starting service
jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ejb/CatalogEJB
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: cannot locate deployment info:
file:/soft/jboss-3.0.2/server/coreservices/deploy/Localization.jar"

JBoss seems to don't take in account all the information set in the EJB
deployment files (-ejb-jar.xml & -jboss.xml):

(...)
<ejb-ref>
 <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LocalizationEJB</ejb-ref-name>
 <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
 <home>(...).LocalizationHome</home>
 <remote>(...).Localization</remote>
 <ejb-link>Localization.jar#Localization</ejb-link>
</ejb-ref>
(...)

(...)
<ejb-ref>
 <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LocalizationEJB</ejb-ref-name>
 <jndi-name>ejb/LocalizationEJB</jndi-name>
</ejb-ref>
(...)

I test whether JBoss tries to locate the depending JAR from the class
path (by copying all the JAR files into ./server/myconf/lib, quite an
ugly thing to do, isn't it?!), but the test fails.

I tries to set up an *-service.xml file that describes the MBean
dependencies (for my EJB, as JBoss considers each EBJ as a MBean), and
deploy it:

<server>
 <classpath codebase="."
            archives="(...)"/>
 <mbean code="com.infusio.gamezilla.core.ejb.Catalog"
        name="jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ejb/CatalogEJB">
  <depends>jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ejb/LocalizationEJB</depends>
  </mbean>
</server>

But the problem is still the same. The only solution I found is to
deploy my EJBs twice... What's a shame!

Do you have a prettier solution?

Thanks!

Daniel