List:       jboss-user
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-user] Memory leaks redeploying ear files in
From:       Pete Beck <pete () electrostrata ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 8:41:21

Try switching to JDK 1.4.1.
According to the docs there was a "leak" in the javac compiler when
invoked from code.  This is likely to manifest itself when deploying an
application.
Apparently the problem is fixed in 1.4.1.

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 13:49, Weiqi Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to track down an memory leak when redeploying my ear file.
>
> My setup is:
> Jboss-2.4.8_Tomcat-4.0.3 bundle
> J2SE SDK 1.4.0_01
> Oracle 9i, thin driver
> Windows 2000 Server
>
> The symptoms:
> We run a Ant hourly build script to redeploy our application to Jboss.
> The momory usage goes up on every redeploy, and after a dozen or so
> redeployments Jboss throws an OutOfMemoryError.  On the Jboss console, I
> do not see messages indecating our 40 or so EJBs being stopped or
> undeployed.  In the tmp/deploy/Default directory, I see an accumulation
> of zip files and jar files with names that contain numbers.  If I try to
> delete them, even the lower numbered ones, which I assume are leftovers
> from previous dployments, I get a sharing violation.
>
> Our configuration is essentially the same as conf/catalina.  We have one
> MDB and the rest are stateless session beans.
>
> My questions:
> 1. What are some of the things that I need to look for in either my
> application or my configuration for errors.
> 2. Is there anyone out there successfully using Jboss 2.4.x in a
> continuous-integration situation with no memory leaks?
> 3. Should we use another release of Jboss? either a earlier version or a
> later version?
>
> I'll appreciate any feedbacks.
>
> TIA
> --
> Weiqi Gao
> weiqigao@networkusa.net

Peter Beck BEng (hons)  - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+-+-+--  Experts in e-business and
e-commerce