List:       jboss-development
Subject:    Re: [JBoss-dev] Farming on JBoss
From:       Scott Marlow <scott.marlow.opensource () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-25 20:12:34

I posted some farm deploymment documentation on the wiki which I hope
helps resolve some issues. See
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossFarmDeployment .  I also
added some FAQ info at
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JoinTheClusterBeforeUpdatingTheFarmDirectory \
(linked from Cluster FAQ).

Also of interest, might be
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3876167#3876167
which mentions some of the JBoss5 plans.

1.  The startup order problem seems to be resolved (couldn't reproduce
it in AS 4.0.3).  I wanted to leave JBAS-1238 open in case it reoccurs.

2.  I like this idea, see reference to JBoss5 plans above (there are
similar ideas posted there).

3.  Is there a Jira task for this problem?

4.  This is currently true (in 4.0.2+ and probably earlier.)  When files
are pushed out to the cluster farm, they aren't recursively
re-replicated unless they are updated.