List:       jboss-development
Subject:    [JBoss-dev] [ jboss-Bugs-982951 ] "Algorithm PBEWithMD5AndDES not available" with 3.0 M8+
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-06-30 19:32:24

Bugs item #982951, was opened at 2004-06-30 14:32
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=982951&group_id=22866

Category: JBoss-IDE
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using the PBEWithMD5AndDES algorithm to do some
encryption of database passwords (since they are in an
external file) as well as some other encryption, and it
seems that this algorithm is not available when running
using JBoss-IDE.  I am able to run just fine using the
same JBoss instance kicked off from the command prompt.

I believe that this problem arose sometime after
Eclipse 3.0 M7 and JBoss-IDE 1.2.330 (a configuration
that does work).  I have run M8 all the way through 3.0
final and have had no luck with getting this to work.

Other than this one issue, everything else seems to
work fine.  If I don't encrypt the passwords that helps
for starting the server up, but we use the same code to
do encryption throughout our application.

Here's some info on my config (though this has been
reproduced on several other configurations):

OS:  Windows XP SP1
JRE: J2SDK 1.4.2_04 (Sun)
Eclipse: 3.0 Final (M8 or later causes problems)
JBoss-IDE:  1.2.430

If there is a need for a test application to show off
this problem, I can write and provide one (just let me
know).