List:       jboss-development
Subject:    [JBoss-dev] [ jboss-Bugs-743097 ] Use of JBossRolledbackException stops pluging in a new tm
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-05-30 14:31:32

Bugs item #743097, was opened at 2003-05-25 10:33
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by d_jencks
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=743097&group_id=22866

Category: JBossTX
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
The use of JBossRollbackException within JBoss
means that a third-party transaction manager cannot be
plugged in.

Within TxInterceptorCMT.java (in
server/src/main/org/jboss/ejb/plugins) in the
endTransaction method a commit is performed and the
exception JBossRollbackException is caught - this is
then used to retrieve the nested exception, which would
be the reason the commit failed (I think this is usually a
problem within one of the Synchronization methods).
This exception is then rebundled and thrown back,
where decisions are made depending on the type of the
nested exception (line 109).  None of this will work
correctly with a standard JTA compliant TM as
JBossRollbackException is not part of the JTA spec
and will not get thrown.

I'm not sure if this JBossRollbackException inspection
is used else where.