List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    RE: Gnome 1.4 / Nautilus tweaks?
From:       "Gregory S. Lyons" <gslyons () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-08-30 14:21:15

I'm sitting at an NT box right now, but I recall having had a problem
figuring out how to 'tweak' Nautilus. After R'ing TFM, I discovered that the
diamond button on the pull-down menu (the shape may vary depending on what
'skill level' you're set to) has items for setting the current 'skill level'
as well as the preferences/options settings.

I'm not _very_ stupid, but I found the image button location (nested in the
'text-titled' pull-down menus) to be non-intuitive. I would've preferred
another text-titled menu. Of course, had I been patient enough to wait
around for the tooltip to display, I might've figured it out earlier.

~g